In this article I will share with you my favorite protein shake recipes. You can use whey protein shake recipes for weight loss, which is why these are often a bodybuilder’s best friend. People also use whey protein shakes to make sure that their muscles are receiving an ample amount of protein. In some of these recipes, I recommend milk however, you may also use yogurt instead. Add some ice to any of these recipes and you will have a yummy smoothie recipe.
Now let’s get on to my favorite protein shake recipes.
The first protein shake on the list is the peanut butter jelly shake. This is wonderful for people who have a sweet tooth. This also makes a wonderful alternative to peanut butter jelly sandwiches for your children.
They ask for a peanut butter jelly sandwich, instead offer them a peanut butter jelly shake. One more tip for the kids, if they ask for ice cream, instead offer them a yogurt smoothie.
Peanut Butter Jelly Protein Shake
- Vanilla whey protein powder
- 1-2tbsp peanut butter
- One cup of strawberries
Next on the list, I called the Sweet Temptation. Instead of having just orange juice for breakfast, you can add some whey protein and melon to get some more vitamins and protein.
- Vanilla protein powder
- 125ml orange juice
- 1/8-1/4 honeydew melon
For you coffee lovers, I have developed the mocha coffee shake. Sometimes, I will follow the Sweet temptation up with a mocha coffee shake. This reminds me of a traditional breakfast with a coffee chaser.
Mocha Coffee Shake
- Chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup of coffee or instant coffee
- optional: 1-2 spoons of cocoa powder
If you like pina coladas, then you’ll love the next shake. I love to drink this one on a hot day.
Pina Colada Yogurt Smoothie
- Vanilla yogurt or vanilla protein powder
- 3 slices of pineapple
- A cup of coconut milk
The next one is my favorite – I do not have a fancy name for this one, so I’ll just call it my favorite (note the caramel sauce as the last ingredient).
Author’s Favorite Protein Smoothie
- 2tbsp chocolate whey protein powder
- 10 ice cubes
- 330ml low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee with hazelnut flavor
- 1/8 cup caramel sauce
With hot days on my mind, the last shake on my list is the chocolate Caribbean. The squeezed lemon adds a bit of zest to the shake and goes really well with the chocolate. Make sure you find a chocolate protein that you really like because they often varying taste and quality.
Chocolate Caribbean Shake
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 200g chocolate protein powder
- 250ml sugar-free whipped cream
- 300ml of milk (low fat)
- Brown sugar to taste
I hope you enjoy my protein shake recipes. If you have some other favorites, please share them in the comments below. I would love to try your yummy smoothie recipes as well!
Find Related Posts:
- chocolate protein shake recipes for weight loss
- protein shake recipes for weight loss
- chocolate protein shake recipes weight loss
- protein shake recipes weight loss
- protein smoothie recipes weight loss
- protein shakes recipes for weight loss
- weight loss protein shake recipes
- protein smoothie recipes for weight loss
- protein shake recipe for weight loss
- protein shake recipes